Fishing in Trentino
Rivers, streams or lakes: you just have to choose
Trentino is the top destination for those who love fishing in nature in the heart of the Dolomites.
Indeed those who decide to visit Trentino can choose from an infinite range of spots perfect for fishing: from the waters of the Avisio and Chiese, which impetuously descend between suggestive canyons, to those of the Noce and Sarca which was the scene of the 38th World Fly Fishing Championship in 2018.
The Trentino area stands out for its variety of environments and streams, easily accessible. In total the territory comprises over 2000 km of rivers and streams and about 300 alpine lakes. The fish fauna is rich and varied, including brown trout, rainbow trout and char.
To search for his favorite spot to practice fly fishing and spinning, even no kill, fishermen can rely on the Trentino Fishing Guides, expert guides who can accompany them on the territory. The unforgettable experience is also completed by fishing permits that can be booked from home or purchased on site, and the fishing lodges, accommodations designed specifically for fishermen.
What are the best fishing spots in Trentino?
- Val di Sole with 12 alpine lakes and 120 km of streams and rivers
- Valli Giudicarie with the famous Sarca river surrounded by the Brenta Dolomites
- Val di Non with three splendid lakes, including Tovel, and the river Noce
- Terme di Comano with Alto Sarca and Lake Nembia
- Valle del Chiese with the splendid scenery of the Chiese river and Lake Roncone
- Madonna di Campiglio with the Vallesinella stream and numerous small alpine lakes
- Vallagarina and Valle dell'Adige with the Adige river, a stone's throw from Trento
- Val di Fiemme and Val di Cembra with the Avisio stream
- Almost 300 lakes including Lake Molveno and Lake Caldonazzo
Fototeca Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A. Foto di Marco Simonini